The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering was founded in 1919 as the Faculty of Mechanics - the first, parent faculty in the College of Machines Construction. In accordance with market expectations and in connection with changes in the structure, it changed its name several times: in the years 1919-1952 it operated as the Faculty of Mechanics; then it was transformed successively into the Faculty of Machines Construction (1952-1967), the Faculty of Mechanics and Technology (1967-1974), again into the Faculty of Machines Construction (1974-1998), and in 1998 into the Faculty of Machines Construction and Management. From January 1, 2020, it is named after the scientific discipline: Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
In the fields of mechanics and machine construction, management and production engineering, mechatronics and biomedical engineering, you can study the broadly understood mechanical engineering (construction, technology, automation, diagnostics and computerization), but also management and production engineering as well as get to know production systems or quality management. The latest fields of study respond to the needs of the labour market - the knowledge pool of mechatronics engineers combines several areas of knowledge and skills. Biomedical engineering educates engineers - specialists in the construction and operation of medical devices and prosthetics.
The faculty has the right to confer doctoral and postdoctoral degrees in technical sciences for the discipline of mechanical engineering.
There are currently 4 institutes operating within the Faculty.