M.Sc. in Automatic Control and Robotics, specialization - Smart Aerospace and Autonomous Systems (Faculty of Control, Robotics and Electrical Engineering), duration: 3 semesters, 90 ECTS points
The Institute of Automation and Robotics of the Faculty of Control, Robotics and Electrical Engineering at Poznan University of Technology (PUT), Poland offers Master of Science in Automatic Control and Robotics with specialization Smart Aerospace and Autonomous Systems (SAAS) – Autonomiczne Systemy Latające na kierunku Automatyka i Robotyka.
The last decade has seen a significant increase in research in Smart Aerospace and Autonomous Systems. Now, the field is sufficiently mature to engage in a procedure of education. From an educational point of view in the SAAS program we are interested in developing, modeling, simulating and testing guidance, navigation, control and decision systems for autonomous operation of unmanned aerial vehicle systems, unmanned ground vehicle and autonomous and robot systems. Issues of special interest include the determination of levels of autonomy and integration of control, online decision systems, mission planning, trajectory generation and tracking and limited communication.
The objective of the Master SAAS is to give interdisciplinary degree program providing students with strong foundation in smart and autonomous systems aerospace and terrestrial robotics thorough hands-on experience through projects, assignments and a Master’s thesis. One of the main aims of the proposed program study is to merge all institution efforts under one umbrella such as autonomous systems control. The curriculum’s common core represents electrical, aeronautics, mechanical, control, computer science and engineering. At the end of their curriculum, students will be able to develop and implement reliable, safe economically feasible and environmentally responsible smart aerospace and autonomous systems, and then to advance the technology to make such autonomous systems possible.
Learning outcome. Student, after passing their master, will have the following skills:
- Capacity to develop and design innovative autonomous systems;
- Capacity to work both independently and in multidisciplinary teams, to communicate by written and oral presentations, in an international context;
- Capacity to transfer high techniques methodology from university to industry;
- Capacity to manage an engineering team;
- Ability to understand different European cultures and languages.
- Government (Law enforcement, border security, coast guard), fire and rescue (forest fire, emergency rescue), energy sector (oil and gas industry distribution infrastructure, electricity, grids/ distribution network monitoring), communication
- broadcasting, surveillance, agriculture – forestry
- fisheries (environmental monitoring, crop dusting, fisheries protection) and others.