(since the 15th of September 2023)
The Institute of Automatic Control and Robotics of the Faculty of Control, Robotics and Electrical Engineering, double degree diploma, in Automation and Robotics with specialization of Smart Aerospace and Autonomous Systems (SAAS). The last decade has seen a significant increase in research in Smart Aerospace and Autonomous Systems. Now, the field is sufficiently mature to engage in a procedure of education.
From an educational point of view, in the SAAS program we are interested in developing, modeling, simulating and testing guidance, navigation, control and decision systems for autonomous operation of unmanned aerial vehicle systems, unmanned ground vehicle and autonomous and robot systems. Issues of special interest include the determination of levels of autonomy and integration of control, online decision systems, mission planning, trajectory generation and tracking and limited communication.
The objective of the Master SAAS is to give interdisciplinary degree program providing students with strong foundation in smart and autonomous systems aerospace and terrestrial robotics thorough hands-on experience, projects, assignments and a Master’s thesis. One of the main aims of the proposed program study is to merge all institution efforts under one umbrella which is autonomous systems control. The curriculum’s common core represents electrical, aeronautics, mechanical, control, computer science and engineering. At the end of their curriculum, students will be able to develop and implement reliable, economically safe, feasible and environmentally responsible smart aerospace and autonomous systems, and then to advance the technology to make such autonomous systems possible.
At the end of their curriculum, students will be able to develop and implement reliable, economically safe, feasible and environmentally responsible smart aerospace and autonomous systems, and then to advance the technology to make such autonomous systems possible.
Learning outcomes – students, after passing their master degree, will have the following skills:
• Scientific and technical knowledge of autonomy engineering and the skills to use this knowledge efficiently
• Capacity to develop and design innovative autonomous systems
• Capacity to work both independently and in multidisciplinary teams, to communicate through written and oral presentations, in an international context
• Capacity to transfer high techniques methodology from university to industry
• Capacity to manage an engineering team
• Ability to understand different European cultures and languages
Potential jobs in the following sectors:
• Aviation and space
• Automotive industry
• Vehicles and autonomous systems
• Management and control systems of and unmanned aerial vehicles
• Intelligent security and surveillance systems
• Environmental monitoring
• Design of embedded systems
• Scientific and research institutions